Sunday, September 27, 2009

Bull Creek Dog Park

The weather has finally gotten cooler, enough for me to go to the Dog Park. Daddy insisted on taking me out because he felt sorry that I've been cooped up all Summer due to the heat. So today...to my surprise, I was taken to a famous dog park here in Austin....Bull Creek!

I was HORRIFIED! It is a dog park with lots of water. For those of you who knows me...I hate the water!
Needless to say, Mama and Daddy both got in the creek and left me on the bank of the creek to fend for myself. Being that I'm a Mama's girl, I had to follow her where ever she went...so in the water I went....eeeekkkk!
There were a lot of other puppies having a GREAT time...me, not so much. At one point, I found refuge on a rock sitting higher above the water and refused to get off. Mama finally came and got me and made me tread water.Daddy was great at encouraging me along.

Then I finally SWAM when I got to the deep end. Too bad Daddy forgot to charge to battery for the camera because Mama was not able to capture me in swimming action.

Both Mama and Daddy were super proud of me because I ended up having a GREAT time at Bull Creek. I finally conquered my fear and can officially now say that I can SWIM! I was so extremely tired afterwards when we got home, but Mama still insited on giving a shower. Overall, I had a GREAT time!

Hugs,
CoCo

11 comments:

Lorenza said...

Hi, CoCo!
Glad you are enjoying a better weather now!
Sure it was pawesome being there at Bull Creek Dog Park!
And great you conquered the water!
Kisses and hugs
Lorenza

Puggle Preston said...

Oh Congrats on overcoming your fear for water! I got over my fear this year too. That water in that creek look so clean. My mom would love that. Love that picture of you standing on the rock!
It is getting cold here, there are not too many swimming days left for me this year.

Wags,
Preston

Bijou said...

Hi CoCo,

That creek water looks very refreshing but I think I would rather explore the bank. I bet there are all kinds of critters living there!

I'm glad you had a nice adventure. Good thing you found that rock!

Wags & wiggles,
Bijou

Alice's Human Female said...

Congratulations! Alice loves swimming at our dog park river, too (she looks like a little motorboat when she paddles around). You'll love it when the weather gets hot again!

Ariel said...

Great job CoCo! You are a swimmer now. I love the pictures. You are a swimming puggle now. Bark!
Licks and Wags, Ariel <3

Mr. Puggle® said...

good job trying to swim coco!

Bruschi said...

Wow Coco! That is the coolest dog park! That water is sparkling clear! I love how you found the one rock above the water to perch yourself on BOL!
Congrats on overcoming your fear!!!

Hugs and Licks, Bruschi

PS- Mommy said she knows about my puggle skin getting dried out if I bathe too much, but she just loves a clean smelling puppy! She is crazy! Oh and how is that Kiehls stuff? Mommy almost ordered that (she saw it on Prestons site) but it had lanolin in it so she changed her mind.

Molly the Airedale said...

We're so glad to hear that you stuck it out, even though you hate water, and had a great time, Coco! Good for you! We hope you go back again soon!

Love ya lots
Maggie and Mitch

Tibby said...

Hi Coco!
That dog park looks like fun! I am not a big fan of water either but it looks like you had a great time! I'm sure your pawrents are super proud of you!
:) Tibby

i said...

Way to go Coco! Sounds like you had a nice time there. The water sure is crystal clear.

Jenny said...

My dog also hates the water. He is fine until it touches his belly. We we go swimming with his chesapeake bay retriever friend he always tries to follow her into the deep parts and then acts like he is drying when he realizes it touches his belly!

At least the water will keep you cool.

Jenny
Poochieheaven